Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gnomeo and Juliet

Gnomeo and Juliet the movie has inspired me to write this blog. I haven’t seen the movie but just thinking about gnomes and how you don’t really see them used as an accessory to landscaping. I am not talking about just gnomes specifically but rather all garden props in general. You still tend to see the occasional bird bath and fake deer mixed in with the landscaping but for those cute little bunny rabbits, squirrels, and gnomes. First about the decrease of bunny rabbits, squirrels, and deer landscaping decorations it is like no one is putting that extra effort in or taking one more step to complete the look of their landscape. Maybe that’s not the reason at all. Maybe those types of decorations have gone out of style, just like how clothing changes style maybe the look of your landscape changes style. But I feel as if people should still be using gnomes and different types of decorations in their landscape because it doesn’t just add to the landscape itself but it also shows a little bit about themselves. For instance I can remember when I was growing up that in my grandpa’s back yard around his rocks and landscaping he had a little gnome with a fisherman’s hat on and a fishing pole with a fish on the hook. If people came by and saw this they would obviously assume that the person who did this landscaping liked fishing. I feel as if the landscaping decorations are a chance to express who you are and what you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment